In the past couple of weeks I’ve come across the following that I thought you might find interesting to read/know. They range from a news article to short stories to some great ways to integrate reading and literacy into those long vacation days:
- A news article titled, Your Baby Can Read – But Why? by Jamie Swenson takes a look at why expensive reading programs are not necessary to teach your baby/toddler how to read. The writer explains how these programs will teach a child to read eventually but they will not show a child the that reading is an enjoyable experience. Reading is not just about learning it’s about the experience shared between parents and children.
- A list of books for boys over at the Family Reads website.
- Going on vacation? Here are some Literacy Games you can Play in the Car.
- Short Islamic Fiction stories available online for children ages 8 and up.
- Some in fun and fresh ways of integrating reading into your child’s summer.
- An article on why Play is Essential to Learning.
I hope these inspire and inform you!
Happy Reading eveyone!